Saturday, July 16, 2005

Harry Potter Release

Last night was the Harry Potter Release party at many bookstores around the area. I hit up one in San Mateo with my girlfriend, Liz, and her friend. These two are crazy Harry Potter fanatics and I was along for the ride. It was quite interesting no doubt. Although most of the guests at the party were kids from 7 to 17, a couple people were mid twenties or even thirties. I guess Harry Potter is good enough for all to enjoy. I myself am reading it but I am still just 3/4 of the way through the fourth book and it seems like I have a long way to go still.

What else did I learn? I learned that there are many websites out there dedicated to discussing theories, the purpose of the characters, what ship people are on, and the possible foreshadowing of Rowling to the occurences in the later books. As if I didn't know, I was reminded of the obsession that the world has for Harry Potter. I think it's great to have such an excitement. For some reason, I get mine at work these days.

Regardless, I was happy to be a part of such a huge, yet segmented, event.

No comments: