Monday, June 19, 2006

Manhattan Wedding

This weekend was another big wedding. It was huge... the biggest and most extravagant wedding I have ever seen. I was dressed down in my nice new suit since everyone was wearing a tux or a suit with a white shirt at least.

But the wedding was great. It was in Manhattan at a nice church uptown. The ceremony was rather traditional. After that, we headed on our party bus to the reception at a huge hotel ballroom in midtown Manhattan. There were three stations of appetizers before the meal and then there was an amazing band which played everything from Oldies to Hip Hop... and they didn't stop for 4 hours.




The bride was Liz's friend Allie, whom she knew from Mills, and the husband was new to both of us. It was strange that when I met Allie, she said, "Erik? Oh, Beans? I have heard so much about you." I guess my name precedes me.


The cake was interesting... a real cheese cake. We didn't get to have any, but I am sure that the couple will save a piece to eat on their one year anniversary.



Allie was a pretty wild girl I see.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: